Friday, December 01, 2006

"Arctic Blast"

















We had our first "arctic blast" of the season (the news media calls it "arctic blast"). We had a thunderstorm around midnight followed by freezing rain, sleet, and about an inch of snow. Schools were closed, my dear husband's work place was closed, and traffic was slow. The high on Wednesday was 77. The temperature Friday afternoon was 27. Carl still won't wear his normal shoes, so we had him in sandals. He was only outside for about five minutes before he had decided that was enough for him. At least he got to touch snow. I had to get over my overwhelming urge to go skiing. I never thought I would say it, but I miss winter -- okay maybe I don't. But I sure enjoyed yesterday's "arctic blast".

1 Comments:

At 12/01/2006 6:52 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

I feel you on missing winter. We don't get much snow here in Florida...

I'm fglad you enjoyed your arctic blast! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home