Monday, October 23, 2006

The Book

This is Carl's first book. We must read it to him at least a gazillion times each day. He's so funny about it. He could be doing something -- like playing with his blocks -- when he remembers the book. He crawls or walks over to it, picks it up, and hands it to mom or dad. So we read it, and then hand it back to him. Often, he will hand it back for a reread. He just sits there and smiles. His favorite page is "Babies have happy smiles". If you are expecting a baby or know someone who is, I highly recommend this book. I tried to turn the picture, but it didn't work out and I'm exhausted. You'll just have to turn your head.



"This is a baby."

"Babies have happy smiles."

"Daddies love their babies."

"Mommies love their babies, too."

"Babies have tiny hands."

"Sometimes babies cry."

"Babies are messy eaters."

"Babies sleep a lot."

"Babies come in all shapes and sizes."

"Babies need lots of love."

Recited from memory and verified to be 100% correct. I think I love this book too. College really depleated my love of reading. Perhaps reliving my childhood readings will change that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home