Monday, October 01, 2007

Update - changes

I know. I've been neglecting my blog. There are some big changes coming our way. I love change! First, I begin a new job next Monday. I have taken yet another leap of faith and accepted a position as an IT technician for a large law firm. I will now go from a 20-mile commute to only two miles! YIPPEEE! Truthfully, I'm a little nervous about it, as I have been away from IT for five years. The director at the firm isn't too concerned about it though. What can I say, it just feels right.

Second, Carl will begin in the "two's" classroom at his daycare soon. He's been talking soooo much lately. Sometimes, it's almost too much. Some days I miss the time he was a baby "blob". LOL. His sleep schedule has been so wacky lately. He's been waking up around 5:00 a.m. every day. Today he actually slept until 6:30. Unfortunately, mom was awake at 5:00. I guess my body had adjusted to that fun wake-up time.

In other news, I have pink eye. I don't think I've ever had it before. I'm sure most of my clients think I'm stoned. No wonder I had to complete a drug test before I was officially hired! :-)

We are all suffering from allergies. Did you know that Dallas-Fort Worth ranks second in the nation for allergy sufferers? I've been to the allergist and been tested for everything that grows in Texas. Everything was negative. However, there is no test for petroleum byproducts. *cough* *cough* Need I say more?

2 Comments:

At 10/06/2007 7:01 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

Congrats on the new job! Two miles from home sounds lovely!

I completely understand your fond memories of the "blob" days. Every new milestone reached is bittersweet...

Pink eye...my old nemesis. I used to get it constantly - if any sufferer in the county even looked in my direction I contracted it. I feel your pain...

Petroleum by-products? :shudder:

 
At 10/07/2007 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations on your new job!
Karl is such a cutie!!! Sounds like you guys have settled in to Texas life pretty well. How do you like living in a big city???Lots to do!!! Well best wishes to you all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home