Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Here we go again - more rain!

Wow! I have never seen so much rain at once. There was at least 2-3 inches of rain on the freeway on my way home, and I could barely see the vehicles ahead of me with my wipers on full blast.

Once I got off the Interstate and made my way across town to Carl's school, things got interesting. I hit a stop light on a low road, and could literally feel the rushing water shaking my car. I almost couldn't get going again. As I approached the light, the water didn't look deep. Once I was in the middle of the water, I knew it was bad. However, we all made it home safely. The river near us rose 3-4 feet in about an hour. More heavy rain is expected today - CRAZY! :-)

3 Comments:

At 6/27/2007 4:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Stay safe!

 
At 7/01/2007 6:52 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

Oh my! How scary! Cars do NOT make good boats. I'm glad you made it home safely!

 
At 7/02/2007 8:41 PM, Blogger Dr. Peters said...

Be careful--it shows no signs of stopping. My brother turned a corner and in a second his car was totaled. Didn't even know there was water until he was in it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home