The First Day
Today was the first day of my new job. I learned that my supervisor just does the IT gig as a hobby. His true passion is music. He was in band that toured the country playing in casinos for many years. He belongs to Motown, and now gets paid awesome money singing jingles for corporate commercials. His first contract was with Pontiac, and he is the voice behind "We build excitement! Pontiac!" He is also the voice of "Chili's baby back ribs". I didn't want to believe it at first, then he started singing. I sat there in utter disbelief and amazement. It was a lit tle weird putting the person with the "voices". A bit erie too, especially after hearing him talk. He has a real "hick" accent. Commercials will never be the same. The man is paid anywhere from $250 to $10,000 per jingle, depending on if he's contractual. He may be gone Friday to earn $10,000 for about four hours worth of work. He says that he doesn't want to go and leave me all alone. Dude, are you for real? It's $10,000!!!! I think I should take voice lessons from this guy and make NASCAR commercials...lol. Hey, I wonder if they would throw in free beer too? Maybe a few pit passes? ;-)

3 Comments:
The boss sounds interesting. Better to have Mr. Motown than Mr. Bipolar! Congratulations on your new adventure.
Wow! Very cool! My husband works with one of the Highwaymen (Michael Row Your Boat Ashore...) .
I'm only 2 degrees from greatness. :)
Frank works with a guy whose uncle is Bradley Whitford... he played a jerk in a bunch of 80's movies and was on the West Wing.
Rock on!
Post a Comment
<< Home