Rice Cereal: Round 2
Last week, Carl developed a bit of eczema on his face, mostly around the mouth. Thinking it had something to do with Gerber rice cereal, we halted all cereal feedings over the weekend. The eczema faded immediately. On Monday, I called the pediatrician and spoke with his nurse. This was the evil nurse who gave Carl the shots. Anyway, she suggested that I try it again, as it is very rare for a baby to have a reaction to rice cereal. I asked if I should try a different brand, as I noticed the second ingrediant is soy oil, and we have a family history of allergies which include soy. She said that it wouldn't matter. Okay? Well, I didn't believe her and decided to follow mommy intuition. On Monday, I went out and purchased soy-free rice cereal. We tried it for the first time today. This stuff is great. It is smoother and smells wonderful. Carl ate all of it and no rash yet! Thumbs down on Gerber rice cereal. Thumbs up on Beechnut. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home