The First Storm
Carl experienced his first thunderstorm at 12:45 this morning. I woke up right away at the first sound of thunder. I love thunderstorms, so I got up and opened the shades in the living room and watched the lightning dance across the sky (the best I could between the buildings and roadways), as I waited for Carl to wake up from the noise. It took Carl awhile, but he eventually woke up. I held him as he cried. Once he relaxed, I told him all about thunderstorms and why they are one of the most magnificent creations of Mother Nature. I think he actually listened. :-)
I also reminded him that "you can fool some of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool Mother Nature". Do you remember that commercial? That was popular in the 70s. I think it was for butter. I remember one time my mom and dad went to a military dinner. My mom got all dressed up and looked so beautiful. I told her she looked just like Mother Nature. LOL! :-)

1 Comments:
Ah, yes! The wonderful orange dress that I made. We've laughed a lot about your Mother Nature comment.
Post a Comment
<< Home