Grizzly Football
The Montana Grizzlies were in Portland today to take on the PSU Vikings. We decided to attend. It wasn't quite the run-up-the-score game with explosive offense that we expected, but it was victorious. Being the smart people that we are, we purchased our tickets through PSU and found ourselves sitting in Viking land. We weren't alone though. We were right next to the Griz section, so we looked like overflow fans who purchased their tickets a bit too late. People were very friendly, when they weren't calling us "sheep herders". :-) Personally, I much prefer the north end zone seating back at Washington stadium, but we were on the 50 yard line, which was awesome.
If I had to guess, I'd say about 80% of the crowd were Montana fans, which made it fun. We started our day tailgating at 11:30. We eventually ended up at the beer tent for Griz fans, after standing in line for 20 minutes to purchase our beer. I have to say, they really know their beer here. No domestic stuff. It was Mt. Hood and it was delicious. There were so many Montana fans, that we eventually took over the PSU beer tents as well. :-)
While fans can't take their own beverages into the stadium, micro brew, IPA, and hard liquor can be purchased at a 250% mark-up rate. There's nothing better than being at the game with a cold beer (or rum and Coke) in your hand no matter how much you had to pay for it. It makes for interesting fan interaction as well. I was sitting in an aisle sit. If I would have been thinking, I would have kept track of the number of people who spilled their beer walking up the steps. By the fourth quarter, people were falling up the stairs.
All in all, it was a fun day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home