Wednesday, May 17, 2006

No one warned me about......

TEETHING! I knew babies could be cranky while they are teething. I guess I had some false notion that there would be ONE night of bloody murder screaming and then the offending tooth would pop out and it would be over. Don't I wish. Turns out that teething can be a PROCESS for some kids. Looks like that is the case with Carl. He's had many fussy nights, but nothing that a shot of Tylenol hasn't fixed. It's the waiting for the Tylenol to work that is the most difficult. I can see the two bottom teeth that are erupting. I hope they pop out soon, so we can move on...lol. He pulls at his ears a lot, which is why I took him to the doctor two weeks ago thinking he had an ear infection. The diagnosis: probably teething or the beginning of a virus. Since there has been no virus, it's obviously teething. He refuses to put anything in his mouth except for his fingers. We've tried teething toys, etc. He'll chomp on a burp rag once in awhile. We are just waiting for those teeth to pop. Come on, teeth. POP already! :-)

2 Comments:

At 5/17/2006 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grandpa says to rub bourbon on his gums and, if that doesn't work, drink it yourself! So much for "Grandpa advice!"

 
At 5/22/2006 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rub on some Baby Orajel while you wait for the Tylenol to kick in. Worked for most of mine - but Emily HATED the orajel numbness, so she just suffered until the tylenol worked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home